I am a certified Eating Disorder Recovery Coach with the Carolyn Costin Institute. Carolyn is a pioneer in the world of eating disorders, and was the first known clinician to implement the use of recovered mentors within a treatment programme. Carolyn taught me how to reconnect my mind, body and soul as one. If you are struggling with an eating disorder or mental health issue, or if you are the parent or partner of a loved one, then I will share my experience and ‘toolkit for recovery’ with you.
If you are a group / company / organisation / charity, let’s work together. I create engaging, bespoke workshops that motivate change. I use Jiggsy’s unique ‘Jiggsaw’ platform as a foundation to connect clients with themselves and others.
I use my journey of recovery from an eating disorder, combined with my extensive experience within the broadcasting industry, to promote awareness, prevention and strategies for improved mental health and wellbeing. Whether presenting to 10 or 10,000 people, I bring numerous topics for discussion; nothing is off limits.
Recovery coaching for the client
My one-to-one recovery coaching can help you:
- Establish and align your true values.
- Understand how your ‘healthy self’ can heal your ‘eating disorder self.’
- Build self-esteem and confidence from the inside.
- Build coping strategies to live in the world, without defaulting to your eating disorder.
- Learn how to navigate personal and professional relationships.
- Provide accountability for your commitment to your recovery goals.
- Reintegrate movement for pleasure, not punishment.
- Encourage and support you to build meaningful relationships.
- Identify the positive and negative elements of social media.
Mental Health and Wellbeing Workshops
A bespoke Jiggsy workshop is an engaging and interactive platform to:
- Explore who you are without using destructive coping behaviours.
- Discover ‘what you are recovering to.’
- Build self-esteem, confidence, identity and resilience.
- Troubleshoot difficulties during the recovery process.
- Connect with others who have a shared experience via our ‘Jiggsaw’ platform.
- Educate, create and deliver comprehensive mental wellbeing strategies.
Speaker, Advisor and Advocate
- I use a personal and interactive approach, to demystify the secrecy and stigma surrounding eating disorders and mental ill health.
- I use my extensive experience of working in a fast-paced newsroom, to illustrate how to reintegrate back into the workplace after a period of absence.
- I teach practical solutions for enhancing workplace environments, and demonstrate how we must take responsibility for our own mental health.
- I educate employers on how to position employee wellbeing and mental health as a competitive advantage.
- I have spoken at numerous international conferences and summits, to advocate for mental and physical health equality.